The OpenIMU development environment consists of the following main components:
- Acienna Navigation Studio (ANS)
- Visual Studio Code IDE (VSCode)
- Debugging using the PlatformIO Debugger and the JTAG Debug Adapter
- In System Firmware Update
- Python Interface
- ‘openimu.json’ Configuration File
The easy way to get stared quickly is to purchase an OpenIMU Developer’s Kit from Aceinna https://www.aceinna.com or a local distributor. The developer’s kit includes an OpenIMU300EZ inertial measurement unit, JTAG Pod, Eval board, and precision test fixture. The precision test fixture makes it easy to properly align and install the IMU in a target vehicle for integration testing.