OpenIMU300RI - Rugged Industrial CAN Module¶
The following image shows the OpenIMU300RI unit.
The following diagram shows the default coordinate frame for the OpenIMU300RI. The coordinate frame can be changed using a UART or CAN message.
The OpenIMU300RI Robust Industrial CAN module integrates highly-reliable MEMS inertial sensors (acceleration, angular rate/gyro, and magnetic field) in a miniature factory-calibrated package to provide consistent performance through the extreme operating environments.
OpenIMU300RI has excellent acceleration and gyro performance that matches systems ten times more expensive.
- Precision 3-axis MEMS Accelerometer
- Low-Drift 3-axis MEMS angular rate sensor
- High Performance 3-axis AMR Magnetometer
- 168 MHz ARM M4 microcontroller
- Wide Temp Range, -40C to +85C
- Wide Supply Voltage Range, 5 V – 32 V
- High Reliability, MTBF > 50k hours
- IP67 Ampseal Connector
- CAN 2.0 interface
- UART - conditionally, one of the following:
- Debug Console interface
- -or- Aceinna Navigation Studio interface
- SPI and I2C buses for communicating with internal sensor peripherals
- SPI - Angular Rate sensor
- I2C - Accelerometer and Magnetometer (if present)
- Firmware and Firmware Support
- In-System Firmware Upgrade
- Open Source Tool Chain
- Open Source Algorithms (VG / AHRS / INS)
- Built in 16-State Open Source Extended State Kalman Filter
- Open Community & Support
To learn about Ready-to-Use-Apps information & available for immediate download to your OpenIMU, please see the following pages: