The static-leveler application enables the OpenIMU hardware to provide roll and pitch estimates (the angles that the x and y-axes are rotated away from level) using only accelerometer measurements. This simple example is based on the IMU Example Application
The Static Leveler application performs the following functions:
Sets the default OpenIMU configuration for the Leveler application
Acquires Sensor Data - acceleration, angular-rate, local magnetic-field, and sensor temperature data
Executes the Leveler application algorithms and other relevant math functions to create output data:
- Compute the acceleration unit-vector.
- Normalize using the magnetometer readings.
- Form the gravity vector in the body-frame.
- Form the roll and pitch Euler angles from the gravity unit vector.
Generates a serial output message  consisting of the following:
- A relative time measurement (both integer and decimal values)
- Acceleration readings in \([g]\)
- Rate-sensor readings in [°/s]
- Magnetic-field readings in \([G]\)
- Sensor temperature readings in [°C]
|||The output message is the same as for the IMU application, but tailored by the Leveler algorithm|