Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) Application¶
The Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) application enables the OpenIMU hardware to provide inertial-sensor data from accelerometers, rate-sensors, and magnetometers.
The exact combination of sensor data you use will depend upon the ultimate goal of your project. However, at least a subset of this data is required to create an application that estimates attitude, position, and/or heading.
The IMU application performs the following functions:
Sets the default OpenIMU configuration for the IMU application
Acquires Sensor Data - acceleration, angular-rate, local magnetic-field, and sensor temperature data
Generates and sends the following output message to the UART:
- A relative time measurement (both integer and decimal values)
- Acceleration readings in \([g]\)
- Rate-sensor readings in [°/s]
- Magnetic-field readings in \([G]\)
- Sensor temperature readings in [°C]