CAN J1939 Messaging¶
CAN J1939 Example Application For OpenIMU330RI
- The example can be used as is or customized to suit the customer’s system requirements.
- The SAE J1939 standards document set specifies the requirements for systems based on J1939 messaging. The SAE site provides a full list of the J1939 standard document set - Link
- In particular:
- Section 3 of the SAE J1939 standards document provides the high-level technical requirements for systems that use J1939 messaging.
- Section 5 of the SAE J1939-21 standards document provides the technical requirements for J1939 data link layer for all SAE J1939 applications.
- The license for using an SAE standards document do not allow distribution of the documents. SAE J1939 documents can be purchased online at the IHS Standards Store - Link
- There are many J1939 related documents available that can be freely distributed. We provide two such documents here:
If you use any links here, user your browser back button to return
The following pages describe the CAN J1939 Example Application Details:
- VSCode project for the J1939 CAN Example Application
- Application Dataflow and Synchronization diagram
- Examples of the J1939 CAN messages implemented in the application.